On top of the core curriculum consisting of not only Literacy and Numeracy, but also Science, The Arts, Physical Education and Technology, Templestowe Park also offers a range of additional programs that are ongoing or implemented in blocks. These include:
- a weekly chess program for interested students. Not only is chess fun and exciting, it develops skills such as; problem solving, forward planning, lateral, logical and sequential thinking as well as memory, visualisation and verbalisation.
- an instrumental music program. Families can arrange private music lessons for guitar, piano / keyboard and piano accordion.
- the prep to grade 2 dance program. The school employs well known dance teacher, David Skinner to implement an eight week program where students learn a variety of traditional and modern dances. The culmination to the program is the family dance night.
- a circus skills program where students in years 3 and 4 are exposed to a wide range of age-appropriate circus skills the students are taken through the steps required to learn the basics of all skills; then focus on specific equipment and balances, and develop routines. A circus display for their parents is a highlight of the program.
- Zumbatomic classes are provided to our year 5 and 6 students. These are high-energy fitness sessions packed with specially choreographed routines and the latest music, like hip-hop, reggaeton and cumbia. Zumbatomi classes increase focus and self-confidence, boost metabolism and improve coordination. A fabulous presentation to their parents concludes the program.
- various lunchtime activities such computer sessions, storytelling in the library and talent quests.